- Reduce food waste
- Decrease menu costs and improve margins
- Increase operating efficiencies and overall productivity
- Tighten inventory controls
Foodservice Suite® (FSS) automates your foodservice operation, providing you tools to manage productivity, lower costs, and reduce waste. Reduce food costs with our inventory management solution. The system allows you to value waste, increase inventory turns, reduce par stock levels, and reduce costs of floor stocks.
Save money by paying invoices quickly with our accounts-payable interface, allowing you to take full advantage of vendor and GPO discounts. Flexible reporting identifies where costs are increasing and what "per meal" costs are for any period of time, and ranks items on total expense from high to low.
Choose just the features that meet your needs.
- Menu Management System
- Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Unit Orders
- Menu Planning and Publishing
- Nutritional Accounting System
FSS has powerful and scalable capabilities tailored to support facilities large or small, with highly complex to basic needs. There are four key functions that FSS automation handles.
I Data Entry
FSS provides for the entry of key data points relating to all the items used in the foodservice operation.
- Item Definition—everything that is purchased, everything that is sold, and everything in between has a place to be identified and described.
- Categorization—courses, menu planning groups, product groups, storage locations, favorite holiday items, ingredients, recipes, and menu items can be identified by many classes, categories, traits, and groupings.
- Costing—the key to managing a profitable foodservice operation is managing the cost of an item at every level of use. FSS imports, organizes, and tracks all your costs.
II Data Management
There are multiple ways that a successful business needs to group, consolidate, list, and combine items to manage the cost of the items among their different uses.
- Vendor Categories—FSS allows you to create order guides to manage purchases with vendors, providing updated costs, substitutions, and product updates.
- Inventories—groups and organizes all items in customizable storage locations. Handheld devices can automate the inventory process and reduce entry time and errors.
- Menus—consolidates the products you serve or sell, allowing for menu mix analysis on future, current, and past menus.
- Requisitions—provides the level of detail needed to maintain and manage a perpetual inventory.
III Data Collection
FSS provides tools to collect data on purchasing, inventory, menu, and requisition transactions over weeks, months, or years. This historic data supports important analysis of your foodservice operation.
- Knowing how much was purchased at what price supports good purchasing decisions and favorable contracts.
- Knowing how much product was used, is sitting on the shelf, or is missing leads to tighter controls and improved inventory management.
- A sales history from one period to another or from one holiday to another supports good decisions regarding profitable product mix.
- Tracking transfer and issuing of products over monthly and yearly periods provides a level of detail needed to manage profitability.
IV Data Reporting and Integration
FSS puts data at your fingertips, providing the tools to manage a foodservice operation in today's competitive environment.
- Purchase Order Guides, Receiving Worksheets, and Item Purchase History reports provide documentation and analysis of consolidated purchasing at every level of procurement.
- Inventory Worksheets, Product Group Summary, and Cost of Goods reports provide the required financial documentation and product level analysis on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure fresh, correct product levels are maintained.
- Transfer Requisitions, Product Statements, and Sales Summary reports provide the item transaction details needed to manage distribution.
- Pre-Service Cost Detail reports, Serving Line Worksheets, and Post-Service Cost Summary reports provide the tools needed to address menu mix and products sold at many locations.
- Sized Recipes, Production Distribution Summary, Serving Line Worksheet, and Temp Collection Log reports provide a production operation with the reports needed to prepare and track food distribution.
- Interfaces—Vendor Transmission, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Point of Sale, and POS System updates connect the entire foodservice operation.
- Third-Party Reporting—whether your site uses Infomaker, Crystal Reports, Excel queries, or other third-party reporting tools, the FSS application uses an open-source database that makes it easy to source data for custom reporting and labeling.